Dates & Specs
Issue: Container Gardening
Ad close date: 3/1/2013
On-sale date: 4/16/2013
Issue: 100 Essential Plants
Ad close date: 3/14/2013
On-sale date: 5/14/2013
Ad close date: 3/28/2013
On-sale date: 5/28/2013
Issue: Grow #10
Ad close date: 4/12/2013
On-sale date: 6/11/2013
Ad close date: 5/31/2013
On-sale date: 7/30/2013
Ad close date: 7/26/2013
On-sale date: 9/24/2013
Ad close date: 10/17/2013
On-sale date: 12/17/2013
Ad close date: 12/14/2013
On-sale date: 2/12/2014
Ad close date: 2/1/2014
On-sale date: 4/2/2014
Ad close date: 3/28/2014
On-sale date: 5/28/2014
- Click here for Spec Sell Sheet and Bleed Layout Guidelines
- Full-Page/Fractional Ads: We accept digital files only, preferably high resolution, cymk, font-embedded PDF or PDF/X-1a.
- Ads must be prepared according to our specification guidelines, which are available by contacting the Advertising Coordinator at 866-505-4687 or emailing inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All ads must be accompanied by a proof made from the file submitted to verify content. Color ads must be accompanied by a high-quality, full resolution color proof calibrated to SWOP specifications. For black & white ads without halftone images, a high-quality computer printout (600 dpi or greater) is acceptable. We reserve the right to charge for processing time in the event the file does not meet ad specification guidelines.
- Trim size: 8 7⁄8" x 10 7⁄8"
- Binding: Perfect bound
- Printing: Black & white, 4-color process; text and cover – web offset.
- Paper: Text – 45-lb. coated stock; cover – 100-lb. coated stock
- Bleed Requirements: Bleed available for 1/2 page and larger. Bleed image should be limited to tints or background. Live matter, including type and logos, must be kept within the live area which starts 5/8" from top, 3/4" from bottom, 3/4" from left, 3/4" from right of the bleed size.
In-house production services are available for an additional charge and they are non-commissionable. Contact the Advertising Coordinator for details. Please note: All publication services will be billed at trade rates. Ads requiring work by the Publisher may not qualify for the camera-ready discount.
Deadline for Publisher-set copy is 7 days prior to closing date.
Cancellations or changes in orders are not accepted after an issue closing date. A previously run ad will be inserted for contracted advertisers whose new ad copy is not received by the closing date.
Shipping and Production Information
Advertising Coordinator - The Taunton Press
63 South Main Street
PO Box 5506, Newtown, CT 06470-5506
(Please indicate ad is for Fine Gardening.)
Considered but not guaranteed.
Please contact the Business Office at:
800-926-8776, ext. 3606.